Facts and Myths About Laser Hair Removal And Waxing
Whenever you ask somebody about the best hair removal tips, or for a method for permanent hair removal, you would always get varied responses. Every person has some sort of notion or myth resident in their minds about the various hair removal techniques, their effects, side effect, after effects, etc. That is why you need to find out the reality behind the most talked about hair removal techniques.
Waxing and laser hair removal are two common and most talked about techniques to get rid of unwanted hair from the body and face. And here is a simple understanding of what exactly to expect from them.
What is waxing?
Waxing is the technique where you put a sticky wax kind of mixture on the skin, and smear it, let it set, and then put a cloth on the sticky smear, rub it to stick well on the wax, and finally pull it off on the opposite direction of hair growth. The hair is completely removed from the root, and you get the smooth hairless skin.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser beams a very low power are put on the skin, and only the upper skin layer absorbs the laser so that the hair follicles are burnt from the root, and the hair comes off. The follicles are destroyed in the process. The upper skin layer needs a rest of a few days with care and protection of sunscreen lotions. After avoiding sun exposure for a few days while caring for the skin, the skin gets hairless forever.
Facts about waxing
- You can try this at home, and also in some salon or beauty clinic
- It’s safe as long as you watch the temperature of the wax
- It’s effective, but painful because while pulling off the wax it pains
- May cause little irritation, allergies, or scalding in sensitive skin
- Hair removal is temporary, as the hair roots are not destroyed, and the hair re-grows within a month or two
- The process has to be repeated to stay free from unwanted hair
Facts about laser hair removal
- You cannot do this at home, and need to go to an experienced and licensed laser therapist, cosmetologist or clinician
- It is a completely safe process when the hands handling it are from some reputed laser hair removal clinics
- Laser therapy permanently removes hair after 4 to 6 sessions, and hair does not come back, and hence is a permanent process
- It is pain free because the beams are low power
Now, as you can see that a straight comparison shows that the laser hair removal techniques are much more effective, permanent and pain free solution, you may be interested to get them done. However the choice of the clinic has to be done carefully. You cannot visit just any clinic claiming to do laser therapy. With Skin Plus Laser hair removal is quite affordable. At Skin Plus, we use Diode Laser Technology, the gold standard in laser hair removal. The laser energy penetrates deep into the dermis where the hair follicles are located, allowing homogeneous distribution and eventually destroying the follicles. Visit our clinics at GK-1, Hauz Khas and Gurgoan DLF Phase-1 for best laser hair removal.