Microdermabrasion is a treatment that uses a delicate abrasive process to buff away the top layer of skin, improving skin tone and texture. Dermabrasion is used for a number of reasons, including improving the appearance of your skin, combating sun damage, ageing, acne scarring, and other skin concerns.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a specialised skin care procedure. The very top layer of skin is gently scraped away using a specialised applicator. To achieve the same results, another microdermabrasion technique involves a spray containing either aluminium oxide or sodium bicarbonate. It is widely regarded as safe and suitable for most skin types and skin tones.
Although microdermabrasion is not invasive, it does require specialised skills and tools. As a result, you should have it done by a qualified professional. You are usually seated or lying down, and also the technician will work on the targeted area with the appropriate tools. The treatment is usually completed with the application of a relaxing moisturiser and sunscreen.
There are three types of dermabrasion:
- Diamond-tip hand piece
- Hydra dermabrasion
Difference between Dermaplaning and Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is frequently confused with dermaplaning. Dermaplaning involves scraping the top layer of skin with a scalpel. There are various dermaplaning vs microdermabrasion debates, but both provide valuable benefits. Microdermabrasion is typically preferred for improving texture without removing too many of your skin’s natural oils.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Your skin will feel baby smooth after microdermabrasion, and there should be less variation in pigmentation. Microdermabrasion can also stimulate collagen production, which improves elasticity as well as the appearance of wrinkles.
- Mild scarring, such as that caused by acne or stretch marks, should be less visible.
- Dead skin cells will be removed, and your skin will feel cleaner than it has in a long time.
- Your skin’s circulation will improve, making sure that all necessary nutrients or oxygen have a clear path to rejuvenate the area.
- After dermabrasion, you’ll notice that your skin is better able to absorb the skincare products you’ve chosen. This is especially important for individuals who are treating skin conditions like acne, as their skincare products will be more effective. Microdermabrasion can also shrink pores by unclogging them and increasing circulation.
- One of the most significant microdermabrasion facial advantages is that it is a safe procedure, particularly when performed by a skilled technician.
- The recovery period is brief, usually lasting only a few hours.
The most simple and direct way to avoid as well as minimise side effects will be to keep your skin hydrated with gentle moisturisers or to use a sunscreen during the first few weeks after treatment. Avoid using topical acne creams for at least 24 hours after having microdermabrasion.
Skin Plus Clinic, one of Delhi’s leading aesthetic service providers, has two locations. One of our clinics is one of the country’s most advanced skin, hair, and cosmetic clinics. Skin Plus offers services that meet or exceed international expectations. One of the many factors influencing our superior offerings is the large number of technologies and techniques we use that are unique to no other place.
Laser treatment, filler treatment, anti-aging treatment, acne treatment, skin whitening treatment, microdermabrasion treatment for glowing and smooth skin, and hair fall treatment are some of the best skin care services in Delhi. To schedule a consultation and discuss the procedure you’re thinking about, contact the Skin Plus clinic nearest you.