Scalp micropigmentation, also known as a hair tattoo, is a non-surgical method of concealing bald spots or thinning hair. Providers use thin needles to deposit tiny dots of pigment (colour) on the scalp. The procedure can conceal bald spots and simulate a shaved head.
Scalp micropigmentation performed by a skilled technician can conceal thinning areas on your scalp. It can also conceal birthmarks and scars. The treatment can also give the appearance of shaved hair or a “buzz cut” to people who are bald. Scalp micropigmentation is a noninvasive procedure that does not require anaesthesia or surgery.
When is Scalp Micropigmentation done?
Micropigmentation (permanent makeup) on the scalp is one type of micropigmentation. If a person has the following conditions, the treatment may make their hair appear thicker:
- Alopecia areata
- Hair loss as a result of chemotherapy
- Women’s hair loss
- Hair loss caused by hormonal conditions, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Male pattern baldness, receding hairline, or crown baldness are all symptoms of male pattern baldness
- Thin hair or a visible scalp
- Scars or birthmarks
Process of Scalp Micropigmentation
The process of scalp micropigmentation begins with an initial consultation with a qualified SMP technician. During this consultation, the technician will assess the client’s scalp condition, discuss their desired outcome, and develop a customised treatment plan. They will also explain the procedure, answer any questions, and address any concerns the client may have.
On the day of the procedure, the technician will use a specialised needle or a micro-needle to deposit the pigments into the scalp at the desired density and colour. The technician carefully matches the pigment colour to the client’s natural hair colour, ensuring a realistic and seamless result. The process typically requires multiple sessions, spaced a few weeks apart, to allow for proper healing and to build up the desired density gradually.
Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation
- One of the primary benefits of scalp micropigmentation is that it provides the illusion of a full head of hair, regardless of the extent of hair loss or thinning. It can be used to create a buzz cut or a closely cropped style, giving the appearance of a full head of hair even with significant baldness.
- Also, SMP can be used to enhance the appearance of thinning hair by adding density and the illusion of thickness.
- The versatility of scalp micropigmentation is another significant advantage. It can be used to treat a variety of hair loss conditions, including male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, alopecia, and even scars from hair transplant surgeries or accidents.
About Skin Plus
Skin Plus Clinic, one of Delhi’s leading aesthetic service providers, has two locations. One of our clinics is one of the most advanced skin, hair, and cosmetic centres in the country. The services provided by Skin Plus meet or exceed international standards. Our extensive use of proprietary technologies and methods is one of many factors that contribute to our superior offerings.
Some of the best skin care services in Delhi include laser treatment, filler treatment, anti-aging treatment, acne treatment, skin whitening treatment, microdermabrasion treatment for glowing and smooth skin, and hair fall treatment. Call the Skin Plus clinic closest to you to set up a consultation and discuss the procedure you’re considering.